Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Meeting Fred

John at Powerline got to meet with Fred Thompson last night:

"My own impression of Thompson was similar to the image I already had of him. He's good; he has a nice, folksy manner, some good lines, a sincere, fatherly demeanor, and comes across as a solid conservative of the border-state variety.
Yet I still think there is something missing. Thompson gives long answers to questions, and a point often comes where his folksiness gives way to ennui. He rarely shows much--any--intensity."


That has been my concern with Fred too, I wonder if he has the "fire in the belly" to run for President. Plus I worry about the rumors about his health. But I am rooting for him.

There are things I like about all the top tier candidates (except Rudy) so I"m hoping for the best for all of them.