Friday, September 28, 2007

Rudy explains his NRA speech cell phone call.

It was because of 9-11, of course!

Brody: I know there was some positive press from the cell phone call and there was some negative press. Do you care to clear that up?

Giuliani: Sure. My wife calls me when she gets on a plane. We'd just gotten back from England, hadn't had much sleep. I knew she was going to take a plane, but I didn't know which one she was going to take back to New York, and quite honestly since Sept. 11 most of the time when we get on a plane we talk to each other and just reaffirm the fact that we love each other.


Good spin. Except for the fact that he admits he doesn't take the call sometimes. (oh, dear! what if that's the one that crashes?!) He just thought it would be good TV to take that one.

"Sometimes if I'm in the middle of a very, very sensitive meeting, I don't take the call right then I wait. But I thought it would be kind of nice if I took it at that point, and I'd done that before in engagements, and I didn't realize it would create any kind of controversy.."