Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Bad decisions follow us

I saw Gennifer Flowers on TV the other day. First of all, she looks horrid and she was a pretty women. She has had one of those too tight face lifts. Women need to learn to age gracefully.

Anyway, it started a discussion with my 11 yr old who is very interested in all things political and wants to understand it all. He asked me how President Clinton got impeached. I had to go through that whole mess because he was too young at the time to know what was going on. I was able to get through most of it by just using the words "cheating" and "lying" until he asked me how they had proof that Bill was lying. What does one say to a 11 yr old about that??? I finally just had to say it wasn't something he needed to know right now. It just reminded me how sordid and disgusting the Clintons were and even my son wondered how we could, for one moment, consider putting them back in the White House.

Well, I read today that Gennifer is selling her phone tapes with Bill Clinton, which I am sure the Clintons are thrilled about. But sometimes we just keep paying for our transgressions. Karma bites.