Friday, June 26, 2009

I'm Back!!

Geeze, I go away for a few days and all hell breaks loose.

First Mark Sanford, the N.C. governor hits a midlife crisis I haven't seen the likes of since my 50 yr old Uncle left his wife and kids for a blond he met at hooters, got hairplugs, and bought an orange corvette.*

Really guys. It's pathetic. When reading Gov. Sanford's e-mails, one realizes that affairs become like crack. The guy just wants that next high. But like the drug, it all eventually comes crashing down.

I bet no one was happier that Michael Jackson died Thursday than Gov. Sanford. Am I right?

The people of Iran are the least happy that Jackson died. As far as our news media goes, it's more important to do endless interviews with other stupid celebrities who knew Jackson, than to report on a people struggling against oppression to be free.

Does the media have their priorities screwed up or what?

Meanwhile the House passes this abomination called "Cap and Trade" which will affect all of our lives by "establishing the largest national energy tax in history and eliminate 2 million jobs across our country," and no one in America seems really to care. It's up to the Senate now, and is really up to us. We need to stop this thing. Let your Senators know.

Oh, and by the way... I don't care how talented Michael Jackson was, or how sad his childhood was, or how great "Thriller" still is, he was a pedophile in my view, and no kind of talent makes up for that disgusting part of his life.

Both Sen. Ensign and Gov. Sanford should resign. I would like to think that we as Republicans kick our cheating bums out instead of making them iconic Senators of our party like the Democrats do (see Kennedy) or beloved Presidents (see Bill Clinton).

People screw up, I get that. I also get they shouldn't be in public office if they do. Which is one of the reasons I will never get behind Newt Gingrich for President. Loyalty, fidelity, and vows should mean something in this world. They should mean something to us.





* The part about my Uncle..not true. Poetic license...;-)